Production Supervisor - 3rd shiftApply
Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in accordance with departmental policies procedures and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels in a safe manner.
This position will report to the Superintendent.
- Supervise the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
- Create maintain and audit Standard Work.
- Interpret apply and/or consistently enforce all company policies programs rules regulations and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental plant and corporate goals for safety quality and productivity.
- Promote clean safe work areas throughout the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Lead production employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Develop direct and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives result; consistently achieve results even under tough circumstances
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty integrity and authenticity
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Directs work; provides clear direction and accountabilities
- Drives Engagement; creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Persuades; use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Being Resilient; rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Education & Experience
- Strong analytical problem solving delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- 3-6 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing preferred.
- BS degree or AS degree in a technical or business related field preferred.