3rd Shift Production SupervisorApply
Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels in a safe manner.
This position will report to the Superintendent.
• Supervise the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
• Create, maintain, and audit Standard Work.
• Interpret, apply, and/or consistently enforce all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
• Achieve departmental, plant, and corporate goals for safety, quality, and productivity.
• Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
• Lead production employees in continuous improvement activities.
• Develop, direct, and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
Characteristics & Attributes
• Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
• Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
• Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
• Directs work; provides clear direction and accountabilities
• Drives Engagement; creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
• Persuades; use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
• Being Resilient; rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Education & Experience
• Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
• 3-6 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing preferred.
• BS degree or AS degree in a technical or business related field preferred.