Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in given manufacturing areas in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels.
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
- Interprets, applies, and/or enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental, plant, and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity.
- Promote clean, safe work areas thought the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Leading production employees in continuous improvement activities
- Maintaining employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop, direct, and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct manufacturing personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers’ requirements.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing and knowledge of lean tools and methods.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math skills and measurements are essential.
- Ability to read a drawing.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-6 years supervisory experience preferred in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of CNC computerized equipment.
- Experience in finishing/assembly of wood components.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry.
• BS degree or AS degree in a technical or business related field preferred
• Minimum of 3-6 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
• Must have exposure to lean or continuous improvement
Reports to Sr. Manufacturing Manager