Sr Specialist, Finishing ExcellenceApply
The Sr. Finishing Specialist will provide the technical expertise and leadership to develop and implement new finish material systems and techniques for plant finishing operations. This individual will integrate new techniques and processes using the Masterbrand Production System (MPS) tools to identify and eliminate waste and process variation. They will network extensively with MBCI Design Studio and Product teams to ensure market needs are well-understood and translated into feasible production processes.
- Execute projects that successfully implement new finishes to production while adhering to key finish metrics (Schedule Quality Cost and Productivity).
- Establish document and implement standard procedures based on empirical results.
- Educate and train site Finish Specialist(s) to successfully launch new techniques or processes to full-scale production.
- Specify equipment tools and supplies required to produce techniques and finish processes.
- Approve all finish and wood prep process changes and provide data-driven rationale for all changes.
- Network with finishing specialists design specialists and product group to ensure alignment and timely project completion.
- Provide technical education to manufacturing leadership and associates.
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus; builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Action oriented; takes action on challenges identifies and seizes new opportunities with a can-do attitude
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Cultivates innovation; introduces new creative ideas and ways of looking at problems while encouraging diverse thinking to nurture innovation
- Manages ambiguity; deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change effectively dealing with risk and problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes
- Nimble learning; learns quickly taking on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and learns from failures
- Optimizes work processes; creates efficient workflow and seeks ways to improve processes
- Resourcefulness; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on wood finish development in a high end production facility.
- 5+ years of incorporating special techniques and effects into finish systems.
- Demonstrated success in getting concepts to market
- Current Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- 10-30% travel required
Position reports to Manager-Finishing Excellence