Responsible for developing and maintaining company Quality Assurance policies, to minimize scrap, re-work and returns and allowances, increasing profitability, improving quality, assuring customer acceptance of company’s products and maintaining customer and sales force confidence. Responsible for planning, monitoring and scheduling of staff and work operations in the department in a safe and efficient manner. Also responsible for employment decisions, reviews and overall development of department associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes all procedures, inspection techniques, inspection equipment, and implements improvements that will improve inspection effectiveness.
- Develops, implements and maintains a statistical Quality Assurance Program that will reduce production stoppages in tandem with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Monitors divisional quality performance in areas of rejects, scrap, rework, vendor performance and customer returns and allowances etc. Highlights quality problem areas; recommends, co-ordinates and implements solutions.
- Maintains in-process, receiving, and outgoing inspection systems, equipment, gages and records, in accordance with company Quality Assurance policies.
- Participates as a Quality Team member and establishes a leadership role in improving supplier and in-house quality.
- Reviews all Engineering changes and product releases and recommends inspection gages and equipment necessary to effectively ensure that each part or assembly meets or exceeds the tolerances and finishes, and material content specified.
- Responds to customer issues and directs manufacturing response to ensure satisfied consumers.
- Ensures compliance with business system requirements and provides practical interpretation expertise.
- Determines proper inspection manning levels, and develops and operates within approved budget.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to direct and control acceptance and rejection within company Quality Assurance policies of all purchased and fabricated parts through all operations until accepted into Finished Goods or scrapped.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must have very strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills, including group presentations.
- Ability to teach others and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of ISO and QS based quality systems.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Solid people skills.