Manager, Supplier DevelopmentApply
The Supplier Quality Manager position will be a key owner of supplier material performance in a large manufacturing operation and/or multiple facilities, including collaboration with key stakeholders on new and current products.
- Identify and implement supply chain best practices both internally & externally
- Support the business on category strategies
- Managing resources to meet business priorities
- Development and communication of material specifications as well as identifying and resolving specification alignment issues between Operations and the Supplier.
- Manage and grow relationships with key stakeholders by providing timely and accurate information in support of business needs.
- Thorough understanding of full commodity value stream, internal and Supply Chain, driving improvements.
- Lead and coach problem solving through effective root cause identification, containment, verification, and sustainment.
- Work closely with Operations, Materials, Product and Sourcing to lead resolution of supply constraints and identify and support new business strategies.
- Key owner in supplier material qualification process including new supplier assessment
- Monitor and report supplier performance metrics to include compliance, quality, delivery and total cost in support of MBCI objectives, in a large manufacturing operation or multiple facilities.
- Key Competencies
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Resourcefulness; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
- Directs work; provides clear direction and accountabilities
- Balances stakeholders; anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Interpersonal Savvy; relates comfortably and builds relationships with people across levels, functions, culture and geography
- Develops talent; develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Education & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in Operations; Supply Chain or Quality experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing processes with a high degree of analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, etc.)
- 30-50% travel required