General Accounting Finance AnalystApply
As a member of the MBCI Finance Team this general accounting role will support the month end closing process and ongoing activities within the department. This position will be responsible for the preparation of multiple journal entries and reconciliation of account balances on a monthly basis in addition to assuming responsibility for leading key activities throughout the year.
- Assist in the development of best business practices and drive process standardization.
- Provide support for the month-end internal closing process including generating journal entries month end analysis and report preparation.
- Preparation of various monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Completion of reports analysis and projects as required.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of Oracle HFM and Friedman as required.
- Provide support for properly reporting Gross Sales and sales-related account activity.
- Prepare annual budget for multiple corporate accounts.
- Serve as backup for key functions within General Accounting.
- Other projects as assigned.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Strong organizational analytical communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial accounting skills and understanding of consolidations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn multiple ERP and Accounting systems (Oracle HFM Friedman).
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of previous accounting experience.
- Knowledge in the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial statement generation. Experience with consolidations and eliminations a plus.
- Understanding of accounting for multiple currencies.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.