Shipping Supervisor - Liberty, North CarolinaApply
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the timely shipment of finished product to customers domestically. The role will be responsible for the accuracy of shipments and meeting all documented service requirements. This role will be responsible to plan, order and direct all activities within the department in accordance with the Masterbrand guidebook.
Position reports directly to the Sr. VP Operations - UltraCraft
Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in shipping area in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels.
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in:
- Warehousing and shipping finished goods.
- Building trucking routes to maximize cube utilization within committed lead times.
- Timely communications with customers regarding deliveries, backorders, and service disruptions.
- Insure trailers are scheduled and loaded according to authorized procedures.
- Interprets, applies, and/or enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and safety rules.
- Implements and sustains the Masterbrand shipping guidebook.
- Achieve departmental, plant, and corporate goals for safety, quality and productivity.
- Promote clean, safe work areas thought the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Leading shipping employees in continuous improvement activities
- Maintaining employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop, direct, and manage shipping personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct shipping personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers’ requirements.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Proficient in operating a forklift
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math skills and measurements are essential.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years supervisory experience preferred in shipping.
- Knowledge of computerized equipment.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry.
Experience & Education
- BS degree or AS degree in a technical or business related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum of 2 years as a Shipping Supervisor or relevant experience
- Demonstrated outbound traffic management
- Experience managing budgets, discussing results with senior leadership