The Quality Manager will partner with the General Manager to improve product quality productivity and efficiency at the plant level. Lead process engineering efforts to identify develop and execute process improvement initiatives which focus on improved supplier and manufactured product quality process stability and standardization that result in increased revenues and customer satisfaction.
This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Be a change agent with superior people and project management skills
- Lead the implementation of MBCI quality systems MPS systems and guidebooks for improved product quality and productivity.
- Implement quality improvement plans oversee and lead all production activities
- Ensure all levels of management – Operations Customer Service and Sales – are actively engaged in assessing and understanding quality-related data as well as taking ownership to define and implement all appropriate action steps.
- Responsible for oversight of all quality initiatives related to product delivery and installation and provide/implement corrective action as needed
- Provide vision direction and focus to direct reports and actively support their development
- Consistently demonstrate the Six for Success: Be Trustworthy Commit to Your Team Listen to Understand Serve Your Customer Prepare and Plan and Deliver Results
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- All other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion
Characteristics & Attributes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and function in a team-oriented fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills - listening verbal written and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- A balanced approach towards analyzing existing systems and the ability to focus on short term results and long term strategies
- Strong initiative and drive to resolve problems and implement process improvements
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Software knowledge: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel Word PowerPoint Outlook) databases etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Engineering or related major.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in quality minimum 2 years as supervisor or manager in quality assurance
- Leading and managing mulitple projects
- Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing or similar quality improvement methodologies.
- Experience conducting statistical analysis of data to identify issues and trends.