Sioux Falls, SD
The purpose of this position is to assist in managing their department, lead by example and be a liaison between production employees and supervisors. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that product that leaves their department is at a quality at or above brand standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and all employees.
- Responsible for daily work area inspection. Maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient work space.
- Adhere to safe work practices and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Supervise employees and make sure productions keeps on schedule.
- Must be able to effectively answer questions for employees.
- Will act as a communication liaison between employees and supervisors.
- Will actively communicate with feeder departments to coordinate product through-out the plant.
- Will inspect product for quality.
- Counsel employee’s behavior and attendance. As well as managing their PTO requests.
- Complete other duties as assigned by plant management.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to life and maneuver objects up to fifty pounds.
- Able to stand for the entire shift.
- Good inter-personal skills are required.
- Able to effectively work and communicate.
Experience & Education
- Prior cabinetry experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers and be able to learn AS400 and Microsoft Excel.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of raw material used through-out the plant, and must maintain a level of accuracy.
- Proven Leadership skills are necessary.