Credit and Collection AssociateApply
Position Summary Outline:
Position is responsible for daily Credit and Collection responsibilities pertaining to accounts within our Home Center Channel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shooting deductions taken on check remittance and complete analysis to charge short payments back to the customer.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify and resolve EDI POD and invoice related issues that surface.
- Work to resolve issues that surface pertaining to problem invoices and deductions. Identify and solve the AR issue and ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner.
- Track and Report AR issues to internal teams on weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Complete check/payment reconciliation for each brand/account and communicate issues that surface.
- Promote strategies and ideas to drive process improvement initiatives within the collection resolution process.
- Manage and resolve past due invoices by researching proof of delivery request with carriers who deliver our product.
- Ability to multi-task on credit and collection roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities within this credit and collection role.
- Understanding the functions of credit and collections.
- Effectively communicate with customer internal teams and management.
- Respond to inquiries from internal teams or directly from the Home Center customer in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer on credit/invoice related request in a timely manner.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- The qualified candidate should be analytical proactive detail oriented self motivated and team oriented.
- Strong customer service mentality (dedicated to servicing the customer) and demonstrate accuracy in work produced to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and navigate through multiple systems.
- Intermediate excel skills required.
- Strong organizational skills ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- This position reports to the Manager of Credit and Collections within the Home Center Channel.