Superintendent, Doors (Nighshift)Apply
Responsible for providing management and guidance to a Business Unit on day shift. Responsible for planning, monitoring, and scheduling of staff and work operations in a safe and efficient manner. Also responsible for employment decisions, reviews, and overall development of direct reports (Supervisors & Quality Associate).
This position will report to the area Manufacturing Manager.
• Providing leadership and continuous improvement to the team in the areas of quality, cost/productivity, delivery, and safety.
• Support Masterbrand Production System (MPS) including continuous improvement.
• Providing necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to MBCI values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
• Works with other Superintendents and other Business Units to make facility process changes.
• Analyzing production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements and establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Assuring that OSHA and other safety and environmental regulations are met.
• Evaluating manufacturing process and give direction as needed. Ensures processes follow sound manufacturing practices.
• Developing and maintaining a working relationship with the manufacturing associates ensuring the adherence to Masterbrand Cabinets’ Four Basics & Five Traits.
• Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of production department or work crew.
• Evaluating needs and requirements for new products or processes.
• Interprets and enforces company policies, rules, safety regulations. Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated team participation and/or leadership and related continuous improvement successes.
• A sound working knowledge of lean manufacturing.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
• Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in manufacturing/operations management preferred.