Responsible for the supervision of manufacturing operational activities on 2nd shift in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and standards to achieve desired production schedules and quality levels.
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in manufacturing of products within their assigned department and shift.
- Interprets, applies, and/or enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental plant and corporate goals for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Promote clean and safe work areas through out the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Lead production employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop, direct, and manage manufacturing personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct manufacturing personnel to maintain product quality in order to meet customers’ requirements.
- Consistently administer company policies and practices regarding attendance, performance, etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities, such as training and safety programs, in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Strong analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office systems.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math and measurement skills are essential.
- Ability to read a drawing.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-6 years supervisory experience required; experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in assembly of wood components is a plus.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry is a plus.
B.A. or Associates degree in a technical or business related field preferred.
This position is a 2nd shift position. The hours of 2nd shift operation are 4:00 pm - 12:30 am, Monday thru Friday. A shift pay differential of 6% will be added to base salary.