Responsible for the supervision of operational activities in shipping & receiving in accordance with departmental policies procedures and standards to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels.
- Supervises the activities and personnel engaged in shipping & receiving product within their assigned department and shift.
- Insure trailers are scheduled and loaded according to authorized procedures.
- Interprets applies and/or enforces all company policies programs rules regulations labor contracts and safety rules.
- Achieve departmental plant and corporate goals for safety quality and productivity.
- Promote clean safe work areas throughout the plant by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
- Leading shipping & receiving employees in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintaining employee morale by portraying a positive image of the company.
- Develop direct and manage shipping & Receiving personnel and train them to properly utilize all equipment and tools.
- Direct shipping & Receiving personnel to maintain product quality and meet customers’ requirements.
- Consistently administers company policies and practices regarding attendance performance etc.
- Communicates with employees on a regular basis.
- Expected to participate in activities such as training and safety programs in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the work area(s) involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Maintains the technical and managerial skills required to effectively administer the production process.
- Proficient in operating forklifts & other material handling equipment.
- Strong analytical problem solving delegation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven performance in the implementation of Lean tools.
- Exceptional leadership interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability/desire to make a difference.
- Solid math skills and measurements are essential.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years supervisory experience preferred in shipping and/or receiving
- Knowledge of computerized equipment.
- Knowledge of the cabinet industry.
- Truck driving experience CDL license (big rig trucking driving/yard dog) preferred.
- Solid Microsoft Office – Excel & Word
- Bi-Lingual English & Spanish preferred.
- Shift (2nd)
B.A. or Associates degree in a technical or business related field is preferred.