The Compensation Specialist is the key resource for the company’s salary and incentive programs and supports other compensation programs such as international sales and equity.
This position reports directly to the Manager Compensation and Benefits.
- Work on a variety of projects including program design analysis budgeting and implementation of new programs survey participation and analysis.
- Administer base pay and incentive programs including annual merit review and short and long-term incentive cycles.
- Develop administer and maintain all compensation policies including incentive program policies and descriptions additional pay policy performance bonus award etc.
- Lead quarterly meetings with Finance HR and Sales to ensure appropriate incentive accruals and payouts.
- Conduct market review and analysis for compensation requests review internal and external offer data for competitiveness and internal equity.
- Work with HR Business Partners and HR Managers to analyze company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates.
- Work with HR Managers to ensure accurate job descriptions for positions in organization. Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy.
- Develop and document business processes.
- Maintain compensation infrastructure within the Workday system.
- Ensure salary and incentive program information is kept up to date for New Employee Orientation Staffing and SharePoint.
- Track any special compensation commitments.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Must be able to keep confidential information secure.
- Must possess strong math skills analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail verbal written and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word and Excel are required. PowerPoint will be useful. HRIS experience a plus Workday preferred.
- Well organized and confident to work independently but a strong team player.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn state and federal laws applicable to MBCI’s compensation plans.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and balance priorities with sense of urgency.
- Ability to administer policies and procedures.
- Occasional travel required.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Business Finance or a related field is required.
- Experience in the analysis design and/or administration of compensation programs is a plus.