The Maintenance Technician supports the production activities at the MasterBrand Cabinets Arthur manufacturing facility. Duties include the preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance (TPM) and the company's operation including the development of appropriate documents as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
This position will report to the maintenance superintendent.
- Execute preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, total productive maintenance (TPM) on all equipment utilized in the company's operation including the development of appropriate documents as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Install trouble shoot, modify, repair, test, calibrate, commissioning and maintenance of a ll equipment, be responsible for completing maintenance work orders (MWOs), shop orders and all necessary documentation to facilitate the completion of the repair.
- Provide technical recommendations (advice and/or reports) for any equipment issues. Advise and undertake necessary upgrades to machines to extend equipment life and increase reliability after consulting with the Maintenance Superintendent and Manufacturing Manager of Engineering. When required the incumbent will coordinate sub-contractors ensuring efficient execution of facility or maintenance projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- When required will outsource, provide quotations, cross reference and substitute all repair parts to maintain equipment operation.
- Execute system verification, integrated system tests, acceptance tests for plant equipment and revision of all support documentation as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Provide application and technical support to others when required and assist in the development of routines and aids for trouble shooting and testing of all equipment utilized in the company's operation.
- Liaison with other maintenance trades, machine operators, production supervisors, programmers and equipment service engineers about specific mechanical problems and repairs.
- Other duties/shifts as assigned that support business needs.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Degree and/or certification in industrial maintenance or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Industrial Maintenance required.
- Extensive industrial experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, pneumatics, hydraulic, and mechanical equipment.
- Able to read electrical schematics and blue prints.
- Must have PLC/VFD Programming/Troubleshooting knowledge
- Must have the ability to carry out corrective measures to repair production equipment
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Well organized, good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Familiarity with LEAN manufacturing, or TPM is desired
- Familiarity with dust collection systems