The Human Resources Generalist for Kitchen Craft Canada will be responsible for providing human resources support, including the following; staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention. The HR Generalist will provide assistance to the HR Manager in addition to providing organizational support to staff within the HR Department.
This position reports into the Human Resource Manager
- Manages various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Manages employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Has a presence on-site at a variety of locations to provide support to the HR team and the business (requires some travel).
- Examine and provide advice on local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs benefits and compensation administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Support in the organizations recruitment process and new-employee orientation by supporting managers, leveraging current talent, and finding creative ways to reach out to new talent.
- Increases department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information as needed and requested including the company organizational reports
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Customer Focused; Human Resources Capacity.
- Collaborates; Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Plans and Aligns; Project Management.
- Communicates Effectively & Proficiently.
- Instills Trust; Ethical Conduct.
- Drives Results; Time Management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written, verbal skills and comprehension
- Highly organized and service oriented, excellent problem solving skills. Excellent time and project management skills with attention to detail in all areas of work
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience in a fast pace HR environment.
- Education in the HR field from an accredited university or college is required
- Certification in, or pursuit of, the CHRP designation is strongly preferred
- A working knowledge of appropriate legislation and regulations in Manitoba is required