Lead and engage in all aspects of occupational safety health and environmental systems for the Lexington NC facility. Duties include but are not limited to: coordination of the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) training plan to meet regulatory and internal program requirements; maintain documents and records in cooperation with other facility resources and retention requirements including operations and human resources; purchase all safety supplies and equipment; manage all EHS programs conduct or guide incident investigations track all incidents (injuries first aids near hits) review and make recommendations for EHS improvements coordinate EHS inspections and facilitate new-hire safety orientation.
- Provide strategic leadership for EHS program development to achieve cultural permanence site-specific performance objectives and program implementation goals.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current applicable federal state local regulations and company policies.
- Coordinate and conduct the injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage the implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote “Zero Injury Culture” initiatives.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned.
- Maintain reporting requirements for the environmental calendar.
- Conduct training for applicable environmental regulation issues as needed.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of the site organization.
- Provide leadership and facilitation and drive for a sustained plant safety committee.
- Function as emergency coordinator. Develop and drive emergency response and business continuity initiatives.
- Lead the operation to best practices and best-in-class EHS results (including program development).
- Assist the organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory industrial hygiene requirements.
- Serve as the site security focal point.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Proficient collaborator; easily partners with and gets things done with and through others.
- Flexibility to support off shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Excellent people skills and professional demeanor. Ability to teach and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- General occupational safety environmental risk management and security experience desired.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
Education & Experience
- BS in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene; advanced degree and/or professional certification(s) preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in safety environment and health field in a manufacturing setting with at least three years in a leadership role.
- Strong track record for transformative results through programs training and culture shaping.
- Demonstrated success in EHS leadership and passionate commitment to the safety of others.
- Demonstrated program development implementation and training success.
- Certified in First Aid CPR and AED preferred.
Position reports to the Sr. Manager EHS.