This role will support the month end closing process, and ongoing activities within the department. This position will be responsible for the preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of account balances on a monthly basis, in addition to assisting in projects, as needed.
Position reports directly to Finance Manager and supports our WoodCrafters division based in Weslaco, TX.
- Assist in the development of best business practices and drive process standardization.
- Provide support for the month-end internal closing process, including generating journal entries, month end analysis and report preparation.
- Preparation of various monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure availability of accurate and timely information.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Oracle, HFM, and Intuitive ERP systems, as required.
- Assist with audits.
- Support budget process, as needed.
- Serve as backup for key functions within General Accounting.
- Completion of reports, analysis, and projects as required.
- Maintain accounting controls by understanding and applying policies and procedures.
- Provide input into the department’s goal setting process.
Characteristics & Attributes
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline oriented.
- Ability to learn multiple ERP and Accounting systems (Oracle, HFM, Intuitive).
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous accounting experience.
- Knowledge in the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial statement generation. Experience with consolidations and eliminations a plus.
- Understanding of accounting for multiple currencies.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.